July 26, 2011

Family Tree - my dad

My newest addition to the family tree wall is of the belated Christopher Alan Ashcraft.  AKA, my dad.  He died when I was in my second year of college at the young age of 46, but he lived an extraordinary life.  He was a professional pianist as well as an event coordinator for the Ritz Carlton hotels.  I chose to honor him by adding a few memorable things to my wall.  First up, his bow tie.  Well, one of them (the black one in the center).  His music career afforded him an entire closet of tuxedos, so I made sure to keep one.  The rest...I sewed myself!  He was also extremely crafty.  That's where I get it from, I guess.

I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out!  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Rachel. This is lovely. I LOVE the meaning AND it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww that's the sweetest (and neatest-looking) thing ever! :) LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! Such a wonderful tribute and so pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way too creative - this is an amazing project, Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!